A Colorado ZR2 Desert Boss was spotted on a set of the Bison's beadlock wheels.
Alternately, The General may be planning to eventually offer the beadlock wheels as an accessory option on the “regular” Chevy Colorado ZR2. Currently, we’re expecting the Desert Boss Special Edition package (RPO code ZDB) to be offered on the 2023 model year only, anticipating that it won’t return for 2024.
However, we do expect some of its components will also be available as accessories for the 2024 Chevy Colorado ZR2. As a refresher, the Desert Boss Special Edition package contains the following off-road upgrades and styling details (relevant RPO codes and feature exclusivity listed in parentheses):
- Black nameplates (RIK)
- Bed-mounted sport bar with “ZR2” sail panel (SBY, exclusive to package)
- Off-Road front bumper with safari bar (SD0, exclusive to package)
- 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels (SMY, exclusive to package)
- 40-inch roof off-road light bar (S3X, exclusive to package)
- Underbody camera (UXA)
- Auxiliary Power Distribution Box (VBP, exclusive to package)
- Front Fender Decal Package (5K5, exclusive to package)
- Tailgate Decal Package (SB7, exclusive to package)
- Bodyside Decal Package (DSA, exclusive to package)